Case has undertaken assignments in the AsiaPacific region including Australia, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam.
Our economists have have provided expert reports and testimony before courts in Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong in competition and damages litigation in the gas, airfreight, packaging, money transfer and banking, media and telecoms sectors including the landmark Clear v. Telecom New Zealand case in 1994.
Case has assisted clients in representations before the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC), the New Zealand Commerce Commission (ComCom), Hong Kong’s Office of the Telecommunications Regulator (OFTA) and the KPPU in Indonesia; and regulators such as the ACC, ComCom, Singapore’s Infocommunications Development Authority (IDA), the Brunei Darussalam’s Authority for Info-Communications Technology Industry (AITI), and relevant ministries and government departments on competition, licensing, access and pricing issues.
Recent clients include Air New Zealand, Japan Airlines, Thai Airways, Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Korean Airlines, Powerco, Todd Energy, PCCW, Telecom New Zealand, Vodafone Australia, CW Optus, Telstra, Seven Network, Asia Media Holdings, Foxtel, Australian Radio Network, Austero, Schroders, Fonterra, Housing New Zealand Corp., Tattersall and Macquarie Bank.
- Expert report on money transfer operations in competition litigation against bank, New Zealand
- Calculation of damages in cardboard box cartel, New Zealand
- Expert report in air freight cartel litigation, Australia
- Expert report in air freight fuel surcharge litigation, New Zealand
- Report on calculation of natural disaster insurance claim, New Zealand
- Report to regulator on re-setting telecom licence fees, Brunei
- Expert report in competition litigation in gas sector, New Zealand
- Submission to Commerce Commission’s on gas distribution tariffs, New Zealand
- Advice to energy network operator on regulatory and competition matters, New Zealand
- Advice to regulator on access pricing for New Generation Networks, Singapore
- Report and testimony to Commerce Commission on wholesale pricing of UBA, New Zealand
- Study of mobile competition for investment bank, Australia
- Study on competitive approaches for Universal Service Obligations (USO), Australia
- Report for IDA on market definition for ducting access, Singapore
- Expert report in litigation on transitional interconnection tariffs, Hong Kong
- Review of Seven v. New decision for appeal to Full Federal Court, Australia
- Expert report on competition in the mobile sector, Indonesia
- Review for IDA of its Competition Advisory Guidelines in 2005 and 2012, Singapore
- Expert report for defendant against AUD $1 billion damage claim, Australia
- Forecasts of Chinese wireless sector and valuation of chip business for IPO, China
- Reports on on impact of increase in number of FM radio stations, Australia